During our one week farm camp at the end of July (7/31-8/4), campers will:
- Meet and care for horses and chickens
- Learn about organic gardening by getting their hands in the soil— tasting, planting, weeding and harvesting
- Make their own farm pizza with veggies that they harvest themselves
- Participate in team building exercises with horses
- Visit a local beekeeper and learn about bees, up close and personal (wearing protective beekeeping outfits)
- Learn how herbs can help heal us and make their own herbal product to take home
- Experience a mindfulness exercise
- Try their hands at spinning and carding wool
- Make organic butter
- Dip their own beeswax candles
- Bake organic bread
- Learn about composting
- Swim in the river
- Walk bare foot on the earth
- Make a vision board
- Learn how to give and receive a foot massage
- Have fun while learning valuable wellness skills
Drawing from the personal growth and wellness retreats that Amy does for adult women, as well as last season's first farm camp experience, and some new ideas, we are expanding our activities this season.
We are offering only one camp this season for 10 students ages 9-14. Spots are filling up quickly.
Cost: $335 per student.
Date: July 31- August 4, 2017
Contact us for an application here.
We may be joined again by some college students from the Project Harmony program (some lovely young women came from Russia last summer--as seen in the video.)